Coronavirus: Movement permit needed in Dubai
In an article we posted yesterday, we share that according to Dubai’s Supreme Committee of Crisis and Disaster Management, in coordination with the Command and Control Centre for Combating COVID-19 the National Sterilisation Programme has been extended to 24 hours a day across all areas and communities in the emirate for two weeks effective 8pm on Saturday, April 4, 2020. The Committee also announced more restrictions on the movement of people and vehicles.
So the question most people are asking now is what should I do if i need to move during these restrictions?
Well according to Dubai Media Office, anyone who needs to move during the sanitation-related restrictions must apply for a movement permit. You can apply to it by visiting https://dxbpermit.gov.ae/permits.
The Supreme Committee of Crisis and Disaster Management also announced a 24X7 hotline number (800 737648) to answer all queries you have regarding the sterilisation programme.
They also added that people who work in the following list of exempted sectors do now need to apply for this permit, but however must obtain a letter from the employer stating their movement to and from work:
- Healthcare services
- Food supply outlets
- Delivery services (Food and medicine)
- Restaurants (operations limited to home deliveries only)
- Manufacturers of medicines and providers of healthcare and medical supplies
- Industrial sector (only vital industries)
- Industrial supply chain for services and basic commodities- Water and electricity sector, petrol and gas stations and district cooling services
- Telecommunications sector
- Media sector
- Airports, airlines, ports, shipping
- Customs duty and border crossings
- Public and private security services
- Municipality services and public and private service providers involved in garbage collection, sewage management and general cleaning and sanitation
- Private and government sector organisations involved in combating the coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Public transport (buses and taxis only; metro and tram services will be suspended)
- Construction sector, subject to obtaining a permit from Dubai Municipality and the Permanent Committee for Labour Affairs.